Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   8:46:27 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

And Then We Were Christians
Posted By: Mark Thompson
1/13/2017 12:22:51 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Mr. Robb, thanks for your article about this subject. It is good to be reminded of these things as it is so easy to get caught up in the every day events of my life in the U.S. and think life is tough. We need to remember our Christian brothers and sisters in prayer and also find ways to help and support them. The Voice of the Martyrs seems to be a good way to help. God bless you.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14011

Posted By: ElisabethPickering -
Date: 1/13/2017 6:28:23 AM

Comments: How true ... the people of God have always been persecuted . I'm grateful you pointed out that this pertains both to Christians and Jews alike.
Even the more saddening it is to me that you, just as so many other Christians, separate the two when it comes to endtime events. To be more specific: all the foretold testing God's children are going through, you are allotting to the Jews (with the church having been 'raptured') . Nothing could be further from the truth.
This teaching leads to numerous other misinterpretations pertaining to eschatology. Like it is with the 'birth' of the State of Israel; and here you are citing (as do so many other teachers of bible prophecy) Isaiah 66:8 for 'proof' of your doctrin.
This portion of scripture however has nothing to do with Israel. Rather, it refers to endtime Zion/Jerusalem, the mother of all that are born in her.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14012

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 1/13/2017 9:19:06 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Mark for responding. It seems that Christians have suffered persecution since Day 1, but the persecutions by Nero and Domitian redefined brutality. The sad part, it is going to get worse. Thanks again.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14013

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 1/13/2017 9:46:11 AM

Comments:

Thanks for responding. As far as I know I never mentioned or referenced the rapture or when it might occur. There are several opinions.

I hoped to show that Jesus' prophecy of persecution of Christians began with him, a Jew. All the first Christians were Judahites and their first persecutors were other Jews. As the religion spread to the pagan world, the persecution increased. Throughout history, many Christians have been persecuted by other Christians. The same for modern Judaism which is a disgrace to many of the Ortthodox.

Isaiah 66:8, in my opinion, refered to the birth of modern Israel. While other countries usually go to war, capture and confiscate the land of those who are being displaced and establish their borders, which can take many years, this was not the case in 1948. Israel was declared a country by "the world" and territory was defined, modified, defined and modified again; or Israel would be much larger. They did not go to war until the moment they became a country again. There was no maturing process; they had to grow up in an instant. Israel was not a country May 14, 1948 but was a country the next day.

Thanks again for responding.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14014

Posted By: ElisabethPickering -
Date: 1/13/2017 11:46:10 AM

Comments: Reply to ID 14013, JLRobb
Sorry for charging you with s.th. you didn't say, bro.Robb. I just took it for granted you were going along with what I see as the general understanding at OL, as far as dispensationalism resp. rapture are concerned, the basis to which is the separation of church and Israel along with the teaching of the State of Israel constituting the 'jewish' part. The founding of this jewish State would be the presupposition to that.
Of course you are right with what you are saying about modern Israel and how it came into existence. Yet, this is not what Isaiah 66:8 is talking about. To show that, was the purpose of my responding to your article. Because I believe this is very important in order to understand the prophecies about the endtime Jerusalem/Zion correctly; which is not to be mixed up with the capital city of the State of Israel.
God bless, E.P.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14015

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 1/13/2017 12:47:34 PM

Comments: Jerry's right whichever way you look at it if you take into consideration the law of double fulfillment. Here's a very simple example by Charles Ryrie: "In double reference prophecy, the ultimate fulfillment is usually found in the person of Christ or the affairs of His kingdom. Double fulfillment is particularly true of the predictions concerning the Babylonian Captivity, the event of the day of the Lord, the return from Babylon, the world-wide dispersion of Israel, and their future re-gathering from all the corners of the earth " So much more on this topic for the interested.