Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   7:53:36 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  1 : 8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Godís Chosen Language
Posted By: Mark Thompson
2/23/2017 11:22:10 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thank you for writing Mr. Robb. Your view on this subject is very interesting and I agree with you. I find it a bit hard to believe the locals back in the day would be fluent in three languages. I would be hard pressed to just survive. From other articles I have read, the book of Matthew seemed purposely targeted to Jews. Makes sense there would be a Hebrew manuscript somewhere. Keeep up the great work, may our awesome God bless you richly.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14075

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 2/23/2017 11:31:56 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Interesting. Very interesting.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14076

Posted By: Geir -
Date: 2/23/2017 2:08:32 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Good article, J.L. I heard that there as some claims that there is some new evidence implying that the New Testament was originally written in Hebrew. I have not done enough research to come to any conclusion on this myself. But, you make a great point, if quacks like duck, why not.

That being said, it is definitely important to understand the context in which the New Testament was written, including Jesus' immediate audience and the fact that Jesus Himself came out of a Jewish (Hebrew) heritage.

A book I recently came across provides some insight to understanding Jesus' words seen in light of his Jewish context (as the title obviously explains), "New Light on the Difficult Words of Jesus: Insights from His Jewish Context" by David Bivin.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14077

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 2/23/2017 9:08:02 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I'm betting that a MS of the New Testament letters found in Hebrew would be so close to what we have to day, as to be insignificant.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14078

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 2/24/2017 9:51:28 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Richard could not agree more.

Harry

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14079

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 2/24/2017 9:56:56 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Mark. Have a great weekend.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14080

Date: 2/24/2017 9:57:37 AM

Comments:

Thanks for reading, Grace.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14081

Date: 2/24/2017 10:01:02 AM

Comments:

Thanks you for the book reference. I will definitely go to Amazon in a sec and order.

In my book series The End, I am completing Part 5 (at the proofer) and have a scene where an earthquake in Jerusalem opens up new archaeology sources and several New Testament books are discovered, originals and in Hebrew. Three languages? I have trouble with one.