Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   5:11:15 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Rapture and 2017
Posted By: Michael
5/8/2017 9:20:55 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Well, on a positive note, I don't need to pack! Other than that, I'm about to leave for work, so if we go today that's fine with me. Also, I hit my "three score and ten" last year so either way it just keeps looking better!

Excellent article Pete. Thank you.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14229

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 5/8/2017 9:40:04 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Pete!I concur with your assessment.satan is full of wrath,knowing he has but a short time.Israel remains key and if Trump declares a united Israel and moves the embassy during his imminent visit then all bets are off.I pray he does just that!Jesus said he would not tarry.Rev 3v11 Behold I come quickly. I am so tired of this world and want to go Home!The Blessed Hope is all that keeps me alive.Pentecost looming.Rapture imminent!
God Bless ALL at OL.
Anton.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14230

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/8/2017 10:46:59 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Impressive article on a topic I never tire of hearing. You put yourself out there with a very reasoned opinion and that takes courage. I'm glad you did it because it is so encouraging. There can be no doubt that we're seeing the signs being fulfilled like never before. Everywhere I turn, believers are increasingly talking about a sense that something is about to happen and this may be it. Can't you share your dream, at least in a general way?
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14231

Posted By: pete -
Date: 5/8/2017 10:51:37 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Gracemer, I will in the member forums later tonight

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14232

Posted By: RonThurston -
Date: 5/8/2017 12:28:07 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent article Pete!  I sure hope you are right.  I'm getting tired of this place.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14233

Posted By: KaraB -
Date: 5/8/2017 12:37:55 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: "Should the Lord tarry beyond 2017, all significance to the timing (see above) would move into the realm of random and arbitrary." My sister and I were discussing this the other day and she said the same thing almost verbatim.

I am almost certain that the rapture will occur in 2017, but like you will not lose hope if it doesn't. The night that Donald Trump was elected, which also coincided with the eve of my 10 year-old daughter's funeral, the Lord was supernaturally comforting me with the thought that it will be very soon. This was even before I had figured out the significance of all of the dates and number of years (which I had calculated before reading it anywhere else) or heard of the Revelation 12 sign to occur in September. There also seems to be a strong sense of consensus (at least among the prophecy sites that I follow) that 2017 is significant. I have never, in all of my years, known of so many Christians, who study Bible prophecy, to be in agreement about the significance of 2017. I believe that the Lord would not have told us to watch if there was nothing to watch for. And I also believe that this generation is the first who really had a way (technologically speaking) to watch for the signs, including earthquakes in diverse places and wars and rumors of wars. Before the advent of the transistor in 1947, there really was no way for people all over the world to be watching.

While I am always skeptical about dreams and visions, I do believe that the Lord does choose to give them to some people. Many of my daughter's friends and even my son (who was 5 at the time) have had dreams about my her. All of them have seen her with Jesus. The most recent one was from a 3 year-old who said that she has seen her (my daughter) with the angels. My daughter loved the Lord with her whole heart so I have no doubt that the Lord has given them those dreams to comfort them. Thus, I am intensely interested to hear of your dream. I am glad that you wrote to Jack about it so that you could remember it later on.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14234

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 5/8/2017 12:40:12 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Pete! I whole heartedly agree with your assessment but like you said, my faith will not be shaken if I'm wishing you a Happy New Year for 2018. It's odd that sometimes we just get a very strong feeling about things but can't always pin point why. This article is very clear why 2017 has a good shot at being "the year" but I have another reason, a very dumb reason, but I have one none the less.

I've always believed the Chicago Cubs would win a world series before Jesus came back! I can't say why, because I don't know. But I've been feeling that since the late 1990s so you can imagine my chagrin at the Cubs getting one out away from the world series in 2003 only to collapse and lose the next three games in a row to get knocked out. Then again in 2015 when they got close. And then lo and behold, they did it in 2016 after 108 years! I remember seeing on TV back in 2003 at Wrigley Field a Cubs fan holding up a sign that read "Jesus is a Cubs fan" and I thought why not? They were down trodden for many decades and seemed as if it would never happen and all baseball fans (even Cubs fans) had written them off and just assumed it was never going to happen and then... it did!

We're basically there with the same attitude regarding Jesus' return. It's been written off. It was supposed to happen as far back as the 1800s, it didn't. Then in 1984. Nope. How about 1988. That's a nada. 2011? Zilch. Let's face it they (many Christians today) say, it ain't gonna happen. And then... it will. Maranatha!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14235

Posted By: BobT -
Date: 5/8/2017 12:52:00 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete,

While I admire the enormity of work in all your articles, it's easy to come up with a variety of dates. Using the Psalm 90 time period of 70 years, and the fact that the Jews did not control Jerusalem until 1967, I get a date of 2033 as most likely for the rapture.

I'm not a date setter, and I use these numbers facetiously to point out that even the most ardent research and number crunching is, in the end, without merit. I base that on Jesus' words that no one knows the day nor the hour.

While I'd love nothing more than to go home today, I'll spend my time in trying to reach the lost while one eye is looking up. Too much time can be lost trying to determine what Jesus said was indeterminable.

May the Lord continue to use you and the cranial power He has bestowed upon you.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14236

Date: 5/8/2017 1:38:02 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks all, and I will be addressing some of these issues in the members forums if you want to continue the discussion there!  Pete

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14237

Date: 5/8/2017 1:44:28 PM

Comments:

Kerry,

I believe Derek Gilbert would certainly agree (at least in spirit) with your assessment!

Pete

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14238

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 5/8/2017 2:12:25 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for mentioning him, Pete. I hadn't heard of Derek Gilbert before and when I went to his website and did an About on him, I see that he's a lifelong Cubs fan. I'm sure he would agree! Tongue out

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14239

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 5/8/2017 4:31:51 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Pete a very good and timely article. Israelis want a temple, 12 years ago they didn't even care, This is the year they start there search for there messiah. The three main powers of Gog are moving closer, Syria is in a death spiral, The world has lost its moral compass and there is war and rumors of war constantly. Folks worry about everything from to hot a sun to the build of of CO2 and God is being forgotten because we have gotten to smart for our own good. 2017 might be the year for rapture or the year we know in our bones its the season for rapture. I hold off that rapture excitement with a strong hand because Ive been wrong so many times before. I feel by the end of this year if we don't see rapture we will know from here on out any day might be the day. But id take rapture right now, I sure would.
Greg

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 14240

Posted By: KevinJackson -
Date: 5/8/2017 11:37:14 PM
34 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

On May 14, 2018 Israel will officially be 70 years old. So I've been using Psalms 90:10 to say 5 to 15 years. I'll still hit the generation anytime from now until year 2032. I'll continue to say 5 to 15 years. I'm not foolish enough to give a date or time since Jesus said only the Father knows. Seriously... there are 24 time zones. Even if we had a date or time which time zone? Matthew 25 gives the scenario of a couple of people planting in a field and a couple in bed asleep. In other words daytime one place and night time another. Me, since his return will happen "in the twinkling of an eye" I take it for granted that I'll close my eyes in this reality and open them in another. Whether it is in death or while I'm here with you great people. 

On another note... Find and read everything you can by a guy named Ken Johnson Th.D. I found him at The Prophecy In The News Conference last year. His work is absolutely awesome. You can find him at biblefacts.org. He has republished the Book of Jasher that is referenced in Joshua 10:13, 2 Samuel 1:18, and 2 Timothy 3:8. Jasher is a Jewish history book that is recommended reading in scripture. It starts with creation and ends in Joshua. It gives details on Abram's life before he was 70 when God called him in Genesis 12. For instance Nimrod tried to kill him as a baby and also threw him into a furnace (like Daniel's 3 friends) at 50 years old. Esau (at 15 yrs old) killed Nimrod when he was 215 yrs old. Esau thinking he was gonna be executed for this act sells his birthright to Jacob. Johnson adds the dates of all significant acts in humanity's supposedly unwritten history including the deaths Jacob's sons.

There is so much history and back story in Jasher that it will blow you away reading it. FYI... Isaac was 40 when he wed Rebeccah. She was 13. Isaac was 32 when Abraham went to sacrifice him and Ishmael instigated the whole thing. The conversation between Cain and Abel before his murder is there. Noah married his aunt (twice removed) and she was 82 years older than he was. Namaah was her name. Abram lived with Noah and Shem for 32 years. etc, etc, etc...

Johnson is an expert on the early church fathers. His references to them and their work is all through his books. They were all pre-millennial through the first 300 years of church history. 

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 14241

Posted By: WayneHoffman201743 -
Date: 5/9/2017 2:36:56 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I must admit my ignorance of the last days, as I've read so many books and articles concerning the same. The one thing I cannot comprehend is the supposed calamity that will befall those left behind. People will panic due to food, water and power shortages - but I thought that in those days men would seek death, but it would evade them. I sincerely believe we ALL are close to the end of time on earth. I also believe I will be raptured, but if not, my martyrdom for Christ will surely save me since I will refuse to worship the beast!
Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 14242

Posted By: DavidStevens201759 -
Date: 5/9/2017 8:01:27 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Numbers are important to God. I also wondered if 2017 could be the year.  Also could the fact that the year we are in on the Jewish calendar is 5777?

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 14247

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 5/10/2017 2:52:32 PM

Comments:

Pete,
Excellent study!!
I have a question regarding: Romans 11:25,
"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."
You did not make mention of this Scripture and my question is where do you put it in regards to the timing of the Rapture???
Thanks.
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 14248

Posted By: GaleWare -
Date: 5/10/2017 5:25:28 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete, your post gives me goosebumps. I got so excited because I am 101 years old, still in reasonably good health and many years ago when I first gave my life to God I asked Him to please keep me alive until the Rapture....and He has done just that!
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 14251

Posted By: JunePreszler -
Date: 5/11/2017 6:43:00 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 33 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Pete. So much prophecy is discovered after the fact. As when Israel became a nation, it became a supersign after 1948. Like the above prophecy, the Messiah's arrival... here we are before the date of the sign (great sign or wonder ~ Revelation 12:1). Before... let that sink in... Before...
So what is one to do about it??
Put it on the shelf or hop on the camel and join the caravan?
If this turns out to be the Great Sign, it's the journey of an eternal life time. If it's not, one may face disappointment but nothing lost, not even a crown.
Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 14257

Posted By: KaraB -
Date: 5/11/2017 12:06:32 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

My Dad, who is 83, has also prayed to live long enough to go in the rapture. I pray that both of you realize this dream