Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   8:39:40 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Great Divide
Posted By: DonEudaly
7/12/2017 9:41:23 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
32 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 35 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Better hold up on the Kennel Ration song. You listed 9 passages for the first position, and only 6 for the second. And several of the 6 you listed for the second group would also be embraced by the first. But like you say, numbers aren't what's really important.

I have always thought you could walk away from your salvation if you chose to. The problem I have with the OSAS position is not the eternal security for believers, but the belief that you can't even renounce once saved. I have a dear friend who once was a believer, and now believes there is no God. Does he still have saving faith? To say that he cannot reject Jesus is removing his free will, isn't it? God will not do that.

Good article. I always enjoy your writing and learn from it. I honestly don't know which group above I'm in. Would love to be in the second group, but can't quite get there. I don't think the first group has it right, either, if the emphasis is on works. We are saved by faith, thank God!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14421

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 7/12/2017 12:09:32 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: This is a very thought provoking article and I'm sure all of us have worried and wondered at some point about the genuineness of our salvation. The more I try to purge sin from my life, the more I find I have, and my misery required an answer. I began studying the issue and have found answers that satisfy me (most of the time). First, if any action on our part is required for salvation, we're all going to hell. Even faith comes as a gift after receiving the Holy Spirit which is an act of God who singled us out for this honor for no reason anyone can possibly know. Second, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, who doesn't pop in and out of us based on our behavior or erroneous beliefs. I could go on and on. My favorite verse: Jhn 6:37 "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." We all know we came to Christ. Let's rest.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14422

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 7/12/2017 8:46:39 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but here goes. I wish my faith was even remotely as strong as yours Wendy. I have been praying until the cows come home and I cant seem to get an answer or solution to what seems to be endless physical pain regardless of medication or what seems to be certain bankruptcy due to medical problems and the inability to procure employment at 62 years old, regardless of how much I am willing to do so. Most disturbing, however, is the lack of desire to want to be here in spite of the responsibility of a wife and daughter under my charge. God forgive me, I just want this struggle to end. I feel so guilty for saying that but I cant help it...I am totally beat up. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to voice this, but if there actually IS a reason for me to still be here in the physical realm, I am pleading with all you here to pray and let there be a confirmation of that reason. I don't know what else to do, and feel like such a failure to even voice this matter. Anybody got anything( and no, I don't mean a monetary handout)? More like a reason to want to wake up tomorrow with a hope of relief from God.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14423

Date: 7/12/2017 8:48:01 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: And by the way, if this gets dusted, I understand. I just didn't know where else to go for advice.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14424

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 7/12/2017 10:06:29 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Michael.

You are not alone (if that helps at all).  Though different trials, I feel like I am walking around in some kind of fog, most of the time.  And I have wondered why the Lord would still want me here, too.  I know that I should be doing more to tell others about Jesus, because it is a matter of life and death and that is for eternity.  Some days are hard and others easier; but it is a day by day, moment by moment, giving our thoughts to God.  I know that sounds like a pat answer; but it really is giving our thoughts to Him, because that is where the enemy likes to mess us up, telling us that God doesn't care.

I remember recently, talking to the Lord and realizing how much He has done throughout  my life.  He has brought me through so many tough times and though He hasn't always done things the way that I have wanted, He has never left me.  He has been right by my side.  He is by your side as well.

I will pray for you, Michael.  These days we all really need each others prayers.  But; God will give us strength. 

Psalm: 139

I also find that reading about, and revisiting people in the Bible, helps.  They, along with so many even today, have gone through similar trials and trusted God for His help. 

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14425

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 7/13/2017 12:37:38 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Michael, whenever things get bad it's always alright to reach out wherever and whenever for prayer. I will pray for your relief from pain and that you will hear something from God concerning your situation. You're getting hit from all sides for some reason. I don't know what's wrong with you or where you live--not that I'm a doctor, but I've had a lot of sickness and heartache in my life and know a few things. Constant pain is debilitating and will take a toll on your emotions and thinking. BTW, a close friend just filed for Chapter 7 and it was the best move he ever made. He was on the very brink of ending himself. There are 3 in my family and we'll all being praying for you. If you want to talk, you can reach me at graceorganics@aol.com. Everyone on this forum is welcome to contact me for that matter.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14430

Date: 7/13/2017 9:34:33 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Gracemer, I appreciate your prayers and what you said. I don't want to die like a coward, and am holding on as best as I can. If I die fighting, that is far more palatable than just giving up. That is what I am trying to do, so thanks again...as the saying goes, "once again unto the breach my friends(or so as best as I can remember)...God Bless to all.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14433

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/16/2017 10:25:29 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael I am so, so sorry that you are in the position that you are at this point. Although I have not had the privilege of meeting you I just wanted to let you know that yo hhave been a steady encouragement to me and I feel like I know you, and like, I am sure, all of the rest of the people in the omega letter family that that love you , we want to offer more than platitudes to a brother that so  steadily loves the Lord but is suffering. All I have to offer, I guess, is that I promise to pray for you and your family daily. Please let us know when you have urgent need that maybe we can help with.

And the verse I cling to, which is curiously unrecognized by most Christians, it seems.

'Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of his glory blameless, with great joy.'  Jude 

We love you, Michael.  Please stay in touch.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14434

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/16/2017 1:38:10 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael I am so, so sorry that you are in the position that you are at this point. Although I have not had the privilege of meeting you I just wanted to let you know that yo hhave been a steady encouragement to me and I feel like I know you, and like, I am sure, all of the rest of the people in the omega letter family that that love you , we want to offer more than platitudes to a brother that so  steadily loves the Lord but is suffering. All I have to offer, I guess, is that I promise to pray for you and your family daily. Please let us know when you have urgent need that maybe we can help with.

And the verse I cling to, which is curiously unrecognized by most Christians, it seems.

'Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of his glory blameless, with great joy.'  Jude 

We love you, Michael.  Please stay in touch.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14435

Date: 7/16/2017 9:05:43 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I thank you all for your prayers and wanted you to know your concern is greatly appreciated. Hopefully, the next time I submit a statement, it will be one of victory. God Bless all here.
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14512

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 8/23/2017 5:41:39 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael,  I am asking God right now, at this very moment to give you His strength to carry on. In Jesus Name, amen

You can show The Lord God your FAITH in Him to restore your health and finances by claiming you truly believe He WILL.  Don't question His ability.  You are not able, but your Father IS, and He is ready to lift you up.  I had to work hard to let go of control of my life, and realize only God is.  I think some of us have to be shoved all the way to the ground, cannot get up on our own, before we surrender our helplessness to Him.  Ask for Holy Spirit to lift you - please - to the altar at Jesus feet.  Feel His compassion as He takes your troubles away from you.  He really wants you to GIVE them to Him.   Once you release your burdens to Him, live thankfully in His Grace, moment by moment, day after day, KNOWING He is working things out in your favor.  Press forward trusting in Him. Keep looking up at Him; don't look down, for that is where the Adversary is and he will try to distract you.   You will 'Crack the Faith Barrier' before you know it!   That's how it worked, for me, and my husband.

Get some medication for the physical pain from an MD.  Pain wears you down. Don't give up!  God gave man the intelligence to develope medications.  He also provided for us all we NEED to survive and thrive, in nature.  Since He died for you, let Him show you ways to live.       Meanwhile, we can all keep looking UP FROM WHENCE OUR REDEMPTON WILL COME!     Remember though that it is His call to make, not yours.

Your sister In Christ's Love.  BKay

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14513

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 8/23/2017 5:53:48 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article Wendy! Thanks for the many Verses corroborating our OSAS stance.