Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   7:41:47 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Hope of Glory
Posted By: Anton
9/4/2017 10:19:28 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Well put,Pete and Amen.You write like Jack would;calm and logical with insight.The Blessed Hope is near indeed!
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14534

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 9/4/2017 1:07:04 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete,
Thank you for a very balanced, informative and upbeat article on this subject. I appreciate all of the scriptural tie-ins you made and I do look forward to see what will happen on the 23rd, but I am not going to be distressed if the rapture does not occur. I think something will happen that has an impact on on Israel at the very least, but I could be wrong on that.
I continue to look up and lift up my head!
God Bless you Sir!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14535

Posted By: KevinJackson -
Date: 9/4/2017 2:12:41 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: I love your writing Pete. I wish you would do it twice a week. You wear Jack's reasoned articulate style well.

After watching and reading Jonathan Cahn's Mystery of the Shemitah I'm more inclined to think the next major happening for the Church would be during a Shemitah year. the next one in 2022. There are a number of pre-trib wars coming according to Bill Salus. His interpretation of the Psalm 83 conflict as being pre-trib and a "now" prophecy.

There are a lot of moving parts here. Jesus said "...not one generation shall pass til all these things take place." I believe we are the fig tree generation that will see His return but Psalm 90:10 says "...70 years unless by reason of strength 80..." If the fig tree generation started on May 14, 1948 Israel is 69 years old now. 70 is next year. The next Shemitah year is 2022 and smack in the middle of 70 to 80 years.

Now to stir the pot a little... waaaaay back in 1977 Winkie Pratney taught a series called The Coming Counter Culture. I recently listened to it again. all of the cultural things he predicted in that series we are living right now. One of them was there would emerge 2 groups of people, the thinkers and the feelers. The thinkers were politicians, technology, industry, etc... The feelers were the artsy crowd, dance, movies, singers, musicians, religionists, etc... Anyone that would unite this world has to pick them both up at the same time. At present I don't see anyone on the world stage that could do that.

I wake up everyday wondering why we are still here. I tell people in witnessing anytime in the next 5 to 15 years. If May 14, 2028 gets here and we are still here, I'll be wondering did we start the clock wrong. Should the clock have started on June 6, 1967 when Israel regained control of Jerusalem. 80 years plus that date is 2047 and we are in the middle of the fig tree generation and not the end of it as we think we are right now. and yet... and yet... and yet...
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14536

Posted By: KarenBrennan -
Date: 9/4/2017 7:37:40 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete - thank you again for putting all of the hype and hope in perspective. I love your writing style as well. As another commented, it reflects Jack's calm, sensible, common sense approach and you tie everything together with scripture that's in context. I long to hear the trumpet blast that calls us up to meet Jesus in the air, and am hopeful that day isn't far off. Jesus told us to watch, so it only stands to reason that there are signs to watch for that point to His return. To me, the 9/23 "great sign" appears to mirror what Rev 12 describes is taking place in the heavens. Whatever else happens on or around that day, my hope and confidence is in the promise that He would return for us, and it's going to happen. The timing is up to God, but He says those watching will not be caught unaware. That's why it's extremely interesting that John used harpazo to describe how the "child" is snatched up. I also appreciate how you have described the "corporate" viewpoint of Rev 12 as being Israel, the church, and satan. Why would Revelation, which describes things future, suddenly start describing things past (Mary, Jesus and Herod)? That would make no sense! I'm cautiously optimistic that we are on the verge of the Rapture occurring, and will keep watching along with all of you. If it doesn't happen this year, it just means we're that much closer and it still won't be long. Jesus IS coming back - of that we are certain without any doubt whatsoever. Maranatha Pete, and to all who look for our Blessed Hope, our Savior and Lord - Jesus.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14537

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 9/5/2017 12:58:28 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Pete for addressing this Issue. You did a very good job with it. You are gifted with discerning the world and scripture.  As for me I've been a ping pong ball with this topic. At one time thinking it was a positive and then thinking it was a negative and finally sitting in the middle. Its possible its a major sign because its a sign you cant see with the naked eye because its in the sun. So as a sign its technology that brings it to our eyes. Technology that didn't exist when John wrote it. Then again in reading Rev: 12 I get the feeling that its more symbolic of the birth of Christ and the rise to power of Satan then a genuine sign. Still It could be a sign for those looking and we are looking so I have come to a point where Ill watch it and treat it as a sign, See what comes of it, If its a sign I expect we will see things start to speed up after the 23rd. It would be the beginning of something. If things remain as confused as they have been for the last few years then it wasn't a sign.  As for the rapture, We have to accept the rapture could be today Or sometime in the next 15 years. I just cant attach the rapture to this possible sign. But Ill be praying for it hard on the 22nd.

Greg S

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14542

Posted By: Randy -
Date: 9/6/2017 2:56:28 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article Pete, thank you very much for that. I too have been watching this event very closely, too closely most likely, as it seems to always be on my mind. I am never dogmatic on dates for the reasons you listed in your article, but for other reasons you mentioned I am always keeping watch and eyeballing possible dates. That being said, I personally feel that Sept. 21st is a much more likely candidate than the 23rd.

I'm guessing most of us here are aware of Rosh Hashanna being the 21-22 of this month, and I heard once that this feast was one that 'no man knew the day or the hour' that it occurred due to the necessity of visually spotting the new moon, so I always look to these dates every year. Also, with Sept. 21st being the International Day of Peace, I find it interesting that 'they' will be saying 'peace and safety' on the same day. These two things coupled with the events of Revelation 12 just make me all kinds of giddy thinking about it.

I've heard it taught that the casting out of Satan from heaven should occur before the rapture, as the vacancy of fallen angels from heaven will be filled with the raptured saints, but I have considered this somewhat and am leaning towards the other way around. I'm currently wondering if the arrival of the raptured church isn't what INITIATES the war between Michael and his army and the fallen angels, which seems to me to be what Revelation 12 might be indicating further on in the chapter.

Anyway, I have no idea what's going to happen, so I will be waiting with bated breath and in the meantime I love reading articles from people like you I have grown to respect. Maranatha!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14544

Posted By: TimSutton -
Date: 9/7/2017 2:06:51 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi pete,
I wonder if. Jesus wouldn't say to many now, you
Discern the signs of the times but you can't discern the signs in the sky!