Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, February 22, 2018   7:52:57 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 22

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Know Fear
Posted By: Anton
1/9/2018 8:47:55 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Absolutely excellent and Amen,Steve!Heart warming and uplifting article to say the least! The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom.
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14789

Posted By: SteveSchmutzer -
Date: 1/9/2018 9:44:35 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you, Anton.  This was one of those articles that was incredibly-challenging to write, but also one I absolutely felt I had to.  Each concept in it is fully pregnant with eternal ramifications, and I was feeling great respect and vulnerability as I wrote it.  These are not issues to take lightly as we all know.  I appreciate the support and encouragement.  STEVE

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14790

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 1/9/2018 11:37:30 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, great article Steve! I struggle with those same Bible verses myself. It's clear how to get to heaven, but it's not clear exactly how that feels or how do we know it's genuine. The fact that I worry about it a little is a good sign, I think. I would have to believe those who merely respond to an altar call and/or recite phrases mechanically and then go about their life and never give their faith a second though would be those most at risk.

Can you imagine how awesome that would be to have Jesus tell you as you hang on the cross next to Him that you will be with Him in paradise soon!? Granted, I can't begin to comprehend the pain of crucifixation (nor do I want to, to be perfectly honest) but I can imagine the absolute pure joy and assurance of being told by God Himself that I would be in heaven soon, regardless of the pain I was suffering at the time!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14791

Posted By: SteveSchmutzer -
Date: 1/9/2018 12:28:41 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Kerry - I completely relate to your thoughts; that's part of the reason I wrote this article.  I had to find some way, some step(s) in the direction of processing what I was feeling.  I DO feel that a little discomforture always accompanies the faithful walk.  It's the principle at play that "trials test our faith," but why "test" it if we already know it's real?  That's the whole point.  We must be willing to endure longer, study harder, probe deeper, experience more painfully, and love more greatly in the entire journey of our salvation.  I wish to emphasize to you here - and to anyone that may be reading this - that I do NOT equate my transparencies here with the "security of my salvation."  I believe that when we have true faith, we are indeed fully secure in that.  It's the element just before that point (if I can put it that way) that gives me the pause. It's arriving at the point of understanding what the Word of God teaches us - that in turn, assures us, that we are indeed in and of the faith.  Those are the matters we need to find our rest in. I know, these are tough issues, but ones I feel we are all the wiser to wrestle with this way.  If you go to my website and click on the article "A Matter of Choice," you will see a much more personal account of my own journey in these respects. Meantime, thank you for your encouragement, and may we all support each other in prayer as we each "press on towards the goal of Christlikeness."  STEVE