Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, February 25, 2018   12:43:32 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Genesis  3 : 15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Mother of Harlots
Posted By: Michael
1/15/2018 12:05:10 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Okay, I've read it twice and I still don't understand. It looks to me for all the world that the "falling away" is seriously underway. First thing I do every morning before my feet hit the floor, is check the headlines at Rapture Ready. I've reached the point where I'm afraid to do that because things are just getting farther and farther 'out there'. Sometimes, I need to read the headlines two or three times before they actually sink in. And then I'm afraid to read the articles.

Does the Rapture occur BEFORE or AFTER the falling away?

And did Jesus say the "very elect" could be deceived or am I mis-reading that? I thought the very elect would have already left town on The Rapture Express earlier.

Great article, though. I'll probably read another six or eight times before I go to bed tonight.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14807

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 1/17/2018 10:52:46 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wow! Just read the article Wayne posted a link to. Unbelievable! Here's the actual quote: "having a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous and very harmful." That seals the deal. If the rapture takes place during this pope's lifetime, he's undoubtedly going to be the false prophet.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14806

Posted By: WayneHoffman201743 -
Date: 1/16/2018 1:34:08 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: I never thought I'd live to see the day when the pope warns against following Jesus but here it is...http://www.nnettle.com/news/2706-pope-francis-warns-relationships-with-jesus-are-dangerous-and-very-harmful
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14805

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 1/16/2018 1:33:29 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I would click "Amen" on your post, Michael, but I don't want you to misunderstand (and I think many readers would agree with me). I would be agreeing with you that I need to read my Bible more and the news headlines less. But I can't help myself. It is indeed an amazing time to be alive, albeit quite difficult and very bittersweet.

Pete, I asked you awhile back about a gap period, but I think what I was really trying to ask is related to this sentence in your article:
"The Harlot needs both the architecture and force-mechanisms in place to quickly capitalize on this short lived global unity."
What I'm wondering is, with your background in the military and knowledge of technology, AI, robotics, etc., how close do you think the Harlot is to having "both the architecture and force-mechanisms" in place? And if they have to be pretty much ready to go, am I correct in deducing that you think there will not be much of a "gap" between the rapture and the start of the Trib? Like Michael says, things are getting so bad. But, then again, we have seen things speed up and then slow down again. The signs in the sky, however, seem to say the warnings have just about run out. And birth pains can't go on forever. Your thoughts?
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14803

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 1/16/2018 11:02:09 AM

Comments: Hey Michael, I'm impressed by your dedication to understanding the Word. Pete, I was also taught that "catching away" is a valid translation and it just makes more sense to me, though I must admit that I never imagined apostasy on the level we're seeing it now. Michael, you might want to take a look at gracethrufaith.com and type "catching away" into the search engine, where more space is dedicated to this topic. While there are many good teachers out there, I like Jack Kelley's way of putting things which is very calming and assured. This is an excellent article Pete.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14802

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 1/15/2018 2:39:27 PM

Comments:

Obviously, I need to spend more time studying The Word and less time studying the headlines.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14801

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 1/15/2018 2:02:17 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very good Pete.

It could definitly go down this way.

Greg

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14800

Posted By: pete -
Date: 1/15/2018 1:45:20 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael,

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 2 Thess 2:1-4

My understanding, which is different than many others, is that the "falling away" (apostasia-departure) is both the Rapture (the actual leaving) AND the subsequent giving over to this apostate system (the strong delusion). That is why I think Paul uses "apostasia" which can mean either, or both.