Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, May 25, 2018   4:39:40 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Threat From Within
Posted By: Anton
1/23/2018 9:05:31 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Amen and Amen,Steve!They ate,they drank,giving out in marriage UNTIL the flood came....
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14812

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 1/23/2018 9:47:23 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I love plain speech.
This one’s a keeper.
Thanks Steve.
Harry

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14813

Posted By: SteveSchmutzer -
Date: 1/23/2018 11:20:44 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Anton.  I always appreciate your encouraging feedback. STEVE

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14814

Date: 1/23/2018 11:23:16 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Harry - It's a challenge indeed to distill things down to plain speech, but I feel that's often the most effective way to communicate important truths.  I often despair a bit when I read all the "ten-gallon"words and phrases that are part of articles and Christian works; I think they lose the folks they most need to reach.  I appreciate your comments.  STEVE

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14815

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 1/23/2018 12:11:34 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: We need to clean our own house. Many have gone "underground" because they can't find a biblical church. Our divorce rate is embarrassingly high, couples engage in sex without marriage, we tolerate women pastors, gay pastors, gay congregants, invite the unsaved into our midst to worship with us who then demand worldliness in the church. Wolves demand tithes to enrich themselves and the poor members are ignored while thousands, if not millions, of dollars are spent on social projects. All this takes place while our young people pump their hips for Jesus to rock and roll music on Sunday mornings--except when they're yowling about how they feel about their relationship with Him (as opposed to lauding Him in song).
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14816

Date: 1/23/2018 12:13:44 PM

Comments: Help! I can't stop this rant. If we face facts, we'll realize that we will always be hated by the world. Aping them won't make them like us and say nice things about us.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14817

Date: 1/23/2018 12:18:05 PM

Comments: Help! I can't stop this rant. If we face facts, we must realize that we will always be hated by the world. Aping them won't make them like us and say nice things about us. Now they hate AND despise us because we're no better than they are and we lose respect and credibility. When we're covered with filth we can't shine forth any light.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14818

Date: 1/23/2018 12:35:47 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good thoughts of yours, for sure.  I truly believe the church is in a desperate place - - and is probably much further from what God wishes to see it as than it realizes.  It's interesting, some of your comments remind me of another article I wrote where I tackled some of those issues head-on.  You can find it here: www.thewordwithsteve.com.  Then "Articles," then "Kings and Prophets."  Thanks for speaking in to these matters.  STEVE

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14819

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 1/24/2018 12:42:44 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Firstly, welcome aboard Steve. Secondly, teachings like this are the reason I come here every day...this is one of the few places left a person can hear the truth in the time we have left.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14820

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 1/24/2018 11:19:53 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I really liked this article. 

I think the luke warm path the New Age Church has taken is irreversible by those who hold a Literal belief in the Word.  We are offensive to them. The truth scares them, It means changing there belief system completely. Im a pessimist and realist. We are beyond the point we humans can change the course the church is on. We can only hope to enlighten those that will listen. 

Thank you,

Greg

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14821

Date: 1/24/2018 11:22:08 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Steve, your article made me laugh. At myself. You are waaay more diplomatic yet make many of the same points.
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14833

Posted By: MatildaJane -
Date: 1/31/2018 10:59:23 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Fantastic!