Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, February 24, 2018   4:58:41 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 17
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Promises, Promises
Posted By: JohnBurner
1/31/2018 11:42:32 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
A wonderful, uplifting article, Wendy. Thank You for sharing that. God Bless.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14842

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 2/6/2018 1:52:00 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Your story warms my heart. I just got back from a medical mission in Belize. It is my 7th year. Seven years ago, a doctor came to our small town (Klamath Falls) and started attending our church. He recruited a number of us to go on a mission to Belize. He had been involved with the mission out of the city he came from.

He also challenged us to build a house. The previous year, he had done a couple of tonsillectomies on two brothers. When the team dropped the boys off in their village, they found a tiny stick house and the beginning of a concrete house - just the base and the start of a wall. The father of the family had started it and then had died suddenly leaving the mother and nine children (including the 2 boys). We raised the money for local workers to finish the walls and roof and then volunteers from our church went down to Belize and finished the windows, door and inner walls (and paint). The last day, the construction and medical teams went to the house to dedicate it. Someone noticed a truck flap being used as a door mat on the stick house. On closer inspection, the truck flap had an imprint on it. It said "Olson's Truck Sales, Klamath Falls, Oregon". This business hadn't been around since the '70s.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do"    Ephesians 2:10