Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, August 14, 2018   6:24:41 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 14

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

In the Beginning
Posted By: TerryReed
2/1/2018 8:10:51 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Hi JL. Overall, a great article! Thanks for taking the time to write it. I was unaware of the recent discovery in the Israeli cave.
I wonder if we can know for certain where Adam and Eve were first created, and where they lived after being kicked out of the garden.
Though the Tigris and Euphrates exist in Mesopotamia today, they may not be the ones mentioned in Genesis. Itʼs possible (even probable) that the global flood completely changed the landscape, in which case, the Euphrates and Tigris of today may simply have been named such after the flood because they reminded Noahʼs family of the pre-flood rivers they were familiar with. I believe that it is entirely possible that humanity began in Mesopotamia and spread from there after the Tower of Babel, but it also wouldnʼt bother me to find out that humanity began in Africa simply because world geography was forever altered at the flood, and spread from the tower of Babel probably around 4500 years ago.  Thanks again for writing! Be blessed! Terry

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14838

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 2/2/2018 9:56:04 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for reading my stuff, Grace!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14837

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 2/2/2018 9:54:36 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Terry. There are so many things we don't know, I agree. And there are plenty of theories. Since satellite xray scanning seems to have found two hidden rivers in the same area as the Tigris and Euphrates, I still think that is where it all started. There is a lot of Biblical archaeology in the region. Here is an interesting take: www.rogerswebsite.com/articles/WherewastheGardenofEden.pdf

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14836

Posted By: RichardMann2016520 -
Date: 2/1/2018 7:04:10 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I'll stick with the Mesopotamia story too. It just lines up better with the Bible story of the beginning and the spread of man. Great post.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14835

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 2/1/2018 4:46:22 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I guess the question we need to answer is, "is the earth actually old?" The truth is that essentially every feature of the earth that makes it appear old, is better explained by a global flood. All fossils, rock layers, etc. are easily explained by a global flood, and the relatively recent discovery of unfossilized dinosaur bones is a further evidence that the earth is only thousands of years old. Interesting discussion.

Terry

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14834

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 2/1/2018 10:55:49 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I'm always interested in this topic. If there was a gap in time between Gen. 1:1 and Gen. 1:2, that would explain an old earth and short history of man being on it. I believe God created man and everything he needed in 6 literal days and nights because that's what the bible says. The "thousand years/thousand days" verse is merely a way of saying that God is eternal and doesn't live in time. Since every finding of prehistoric "human" bones has been thoroughly debunked, at present there is no reason not to believe that modern man is the only "man" ever to exist. Nephilim are another story. We can know there's nobody else out there on another planet because the old order will melt away and God will create a new heaven and earth and live down here with us. Nobody else is mentioned. Reading differing viewpoints makes me re-check my facts and beliefs, and your article is the impetus for today. Thanks for posting!